Hello everyone! I have big news, I am moving to Portland OR! Yes, I am very happy to say I will be finding a new home up the PNW. I have loved the landscape of the PNW since the first time coming up there and every time I go back I find something else to admire. This move is also a great opportunity to place my roots down with Mountain Bird Studios and continue to grow. Portland has a great artist market and I will have better opportunities locally to sell my art and advance my message, love, and conservation of nature.
As of right now, I have three more scheduled shows, all found in my "Events" tab. One in Colorado, My last Texas show in Kerrville, and then one show in Bend OR. I am hoping to pick up a few more Night Markets over the holiday season once I get settled in Portland.
I will still be operating my shop here on my site and anyone can still buy prints! I just may not get to see some of you for some time :( I will be having a moving sell though everything will be on sale! (check it out!)
Now, what will be the future of Mountain Bird Studios? Well, I have planned out the rest of the year for myself and what I want to accomplish. With the move I will not be able to make a lot of prints for a little while but this gives me a chance to take a break and work on other projects and do some experimentations with new ways of art! Projects I will be working on for the remainder of the year will be:
- I am currently stocking up on all my current prints to last me the rest of the year everything is still available!
- I have three linocuts in the works of Oregon scenes, MT. Hood, South Sister, and Multnomah Falls.
- Summer Photography book, a book with writings and a collection of my photos from Minnesota, Colorado, and Utah. This will be released mid to late September as an E-book.
- National Park Posters, I have been wanting to do more of these posters for a while. I am looking at doing Zion, Bryce, Rocky Mnt. and couple more of my favorites!
- Psalms of Nature mini-documentary, this is on the work I've been working on over the last year exploring and learning more about the flora, fauna, and the ecosystems around me. Looking at late 2018 for this!
Plans for 2019:
- I want and will continue making and selling prints at art shows.
- I want to dive more into illustration, especially book illustration.
- I would like to get my artwork into more physical locations like shops and galleries.
- Continue to grow and get more connected with the artist community around me.
- I would love to be more involved and have my art impact conservation groups, this could be where I give back a percentage to a local conservation group or do a specific piece to raise money for a cause.
- Do a lot of exploring up in PNW :]
I am excited to see where the future will take me and I have been overwhelmed by where my roads have taken so far with starting Mountain Bird Studios 10ish months ago! It has been a road of trials but a bigger one of blessings. I will be back soon I have a big post planned looking back at my home state Texas.